Inspired by the season I decided to make a skull out of some scraps of felt. It seems that I always have scraps of felt, but I am ok with that.
- With a folded piece of felt I cut a skull shape. This is about 3 1/2 inches tall by 3 inches wide.
- Imagine putting a circle on top and overlapping a square, if you lack freestyle drawing confidence.
- Put the two pieces of felt on top of each other and begin sewing whatever stitch tickles your fancy.
- Do leave room for your stuffing before going all the way around, if you so desire.
- I used my left over felt trimmings and some old yarn scraps for the "filling". I like that better than the polyester version of cotton candy.
- Begin adding features to your skull's face. I gave mine eyelashes, naturally. There is nothing more attractive on a skeleton than good strong eyelashes!
- I used some left over sequin for the eyes.
It's a pretty quick project due to the size. I think I might make more to hang them up around the season.
Happy Halloween and Feliz Día De Los Muertos! Enjoy!